Which Presidents Are You Honoring?
Presidents’ Day, officially Washington’s birthday, is intended to honor all of the lives and birthdays of our American Presidents. View http://www.history.com/topics/presidents-day and let me know which President you’re respecting the most on Feb. 20th.
In Jaycees news, a lot of great things have happened already this year! Share your excitement with me as you review our last 7 weeks of accomplishments (pictures at www.facebook.com/stpauljaycees):
- Jaycee Gala: We said thanks and good-bye to our infamous 2011 board and welcomed our 2012 board.
- Red Bull Crushed Ice Event: Held our first fundraiser of the year with a $550 profit to our general fund!
- Jaycee-of-the-Month: We selected Amy Bicek-Skog for all of her hard work and dedication for the Children’s Holiday Celebration. Details: http://www.facebook.com/stpauljaycees#!/notes/saint-paul-jaycees/januarys-jaycee-of-the-month/10150585565934146
- Minnesota Jaycees Annual Convention: We experienced training, awards, and networked with Jaycees members throughout Minnesota.
- February (up to Feb. 20th):
- Multi-organizational Gathering (University Club): Partnered with Rotary and Rotaract to hold an event, which gave us a better understanding of the similarities/differences in our organizations. Brought in > 30 people!
- Thursday Social (Chatterbox): Our first social of the year brought in 15 people! It was entertaining to watch Sam and Rebecca playing a mean game of Connect 4!
- Bockfest: Conducted our 2nd fundraiser of the year. All attendees were very anxious to eat breakfast (Happy Gnome), chat with others, and jump on the party bus to New Ulm.
I personally think that the fun is only just beginning this year! We have many great things in store yet this spring, such as community events (Best 100, Ballroom Magic, Pitch-Hit-Run), socials, and CITYPAGES Wine Tasting. If it weren’t for you, we couldn’t hold all of these amazing projects, so please help us and sign up to volunteer your time. I’d greatly appreciate your help… really!
Hope you have a great week!